Cinnamon Mueller focuses its practice on representing communications and technology companies in a broad range of transactions, regulatory matters, and litigation. Our client base includes cable television companies, broadband network operators, telecommunications providers, communications lenders and investors, software companies, and related businesses. We also advise trade associations in these industry sectors and serve as outside general counsel to the American Cable Association, the leading trade association for independent cable companies.
Within the cable television industry, we concentrate our practice on independent cable companies. Through our representation of the American Cable Association and many ACA member companies, we bring substantial depth and expertise to a wide range of legal matters related to the distribution of multichannel video services. Our work for cable clients includes:
- Cable content-related matters – including must carry/retransmission consent and satellite programming transactions and disputes.
- FCC and copyright compliance.
- System acquisitions, sales, and financing.
- Local franchise renewals, transfers, compliance and disputes.
- Operational representation including right-of-way and easement access, pole attachment matters, MDU access, leased access, and telecommunications facility agreements.
- Commercial litigation in state and federal courts, include theft of services, construction matters, real estate disputes and inside wiring disputes.
- High speed data and VoIP-related regulation and transactions.
- Representation in state and federal legislative and regulatory proceedings.
For other communications and technology clients, Cinnamon Mueller provides a full suite of transactional, regulatory, and dispute resolution services. Our experience includes:
- Telecommunications – interconnection agreements, tariffs, certificate applications, service and facility agreements, pole attachments, numbering matters including area code relief involvement in the legislative and regulatory process.
- Broadband networks – copyright monitoring and compliance, VoIP transactions and compliance, Internet use agreements and policies, privacy policies and compliance, acquisition and sales.
- Broadcast – station acquisition and sales, regulatory compliance.
- Wireless – Operational representation including regulatory, tower/site leasing and compliance, service agreements, agent matters, marketing material review, numbering matters including area code relief, involvement in the legislative and regulatory process and system acquisition and sales.
- Technology – Structuring and negotiating software transactions, custom license agreements and consulting arrangements.
We emphasize high quality, cost effective, legal services in targeted industry sectors.